St. Michael Medical Center
Located in Silverdale, we care for people in Kitsap, North Mason, Clallam and Jefferson counties.
St. Michael Medical Center’s Silverdale Expansion is now open. Learn more about the 500-square foot expansion and how it will increase access to high-quality care on the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas, while building healthier communities for generations to come.
During the move
- All inpatients located at the St. Michael Bremerton facility will be transferred – bed-to-bed – to the new facility in Silverdale. The hospital is working closely with Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue and Olympic Ambulance Services to coordinate transporting patients to the new hospital as safely and efficiently as possible. It might look like an “ambulance parade” as patients are carefully moved to the new facility.
- The Emergency Services department will remain open at our Bremerton facility until the new urgent care center in Bremerton is open.
- The Silverdale facility will become St. Michael’s Level III Trauma Center.
St. Michael Medical Center At-a-Glance
- New $500 million, 500,000 square-foot hospital expansion
- Level III Trauma Center with 56-bay Emergency department
- 248 beds, including 144 new critical and acute beds. All patient rooms are situated for optimal privacy with serene views of the Olympic Mountains, Dyes Inlet or both.
- Nine new operating rooms
- Expanded stroke and heart care with four heart-catheterization/electrophysiology suites, and new heart and imaging systems
- 22-room Imaging Center with 256-slice CT
- Birth Center and Level II Special Care Nursery
- 60,000-square-foot Cancer Center (early 2021)
- 60,000-square-foot Medical Pavilion (early 2021)
- 13 new procedural rooms
- Surgical Services including robotic-assisted surgery
- Orthopedics with expert joint replacement, sports medicine and rehabilitation therapies