St. Michael Medical Center
Sexual Assault Care
For adults, teens and children who have been sexually assaulted, we provide prompt, compassionate emergency care at St. Michael Medical Center - Silverdale.
Skilled care for victims of sexual assault
Our Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program provides specialized care from medical professionals who understand victimization. We realize the devastation that sexual assault can cause for victims and their loved ones. Our SANE nurses offer dignified care to promote healing and help patients through the evidence-gathering exam as smoothly as possible.
St. Michael Medical Center SANE nurses are registered nurses trained to care for sexual assault patients. They are available 24 hours a day and provide care for adult, teen and child victims at no cost to them. Their services include:
- Identifying physical trauma and psychological needs
- Ensuring that victims receive appropriate medical care
- Gathering vital medical evidence, documenting injuries and other forensic information
SANE nurses work directly with police, prosecutors, child protective services and community advocacy programs to provide coordinated care, such as:
- Emergency care after sexual assault
- Scheduled medical exams from non-acute sexual assault
- Risk assessment for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases
- Forensic exams for medical, legal and child welfare professionals
- Expert witness testimony as needed
Sexual assault: Prevention and education
At St. Michael, our SANE nurses provide prevention and education services including:
- Referrals to community agencies
- Education and information for all ages about normal sexual development and ways to prevent sexual abuse
Request sexual assault care and services
We offer our SANE services 24 hours a day. To learn more and request services:
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted within the past five days, go to or call the St. Michael - Bremerton Emergency Services department at 360-744-6710. Ask for the department social worker.
To schedule an appointment for an exam or to leave a non-urgent message, call SANE at St. Michael - Bremerton at 360-744-6617.
If you’re not sure if your situation is an emergency or not, call:
Patients and Visitors
Maps and Directions
Billing and Insurance
St. Michael Medical Pavilion
St. Michael Cancer Center
Emergency Services - Silverdale
Family Birth Center
> Sexual Assault Care
St. Michael Board