St. Anthony Hospital
Located in Gig Harbor, we provide advanced medicine and trusted care for the surrounding community.
St. Anthony Hospital
Patients and Visitors
Effective January 21, all Virginia Mason Franciscan Health hospitals will be at visitation level 2 (visitation with restrictions). We recognize it is a difficult time for our patients and their loved ones. These restrictions are very important for the health and safety of our patients and staff, and we appreciate your understanding and support.
Before you visit
All visitors must comply with screening and mask requirements when entering the building. Visitors with symptoms will not be allowed to enter, and visitors must wear hospital/clinic-provided masks for the entirety of their stay.
There is no in-person visitation permitted for COVID-19 positive and suspected patients.
At this time, hospital visitors are allowed based on the following circumstances:
- Hospital visitation limits are based on community transmission rates and are 1 or 2 visitors per stay/day. Exceptions may occur to end of life.
- Visitors to inpatient units must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or proof of receiving a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their visit. The test must include name, date and results.
- All COVID-19 tests, except antibody tests, will be accepted. Visitors must bring their test results with them for the visit.
- Fully vaccinated children 13 years and older may be counted as a designated visitor.
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or
- Two weeks after a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Types of vaccination proof we accept:
- COVID-19 vaccination record card; or
- Print or digital copy of a completed vaccination record card – this includes both the front and back of the card; or
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider.
- If you cannot find proof of vaccination, your state vaccine record website may be helpful. (In Washington, go to WA Verify.)
- You will be asked to present your proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results each time you arrive for your visit.
Any approved visitors
- Must go directly to a patient’s room — use of waiting rooms is not permitted. We encourage any approved visitors to coordinate their arrival and departure times.
- Must use the approved, designated visitor entrance
- Will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Will be asked to complete hand hygiene upon entry
- Must wear a hospital-provided mask the entire time while inside the building, including in a patient’s room. Masks must be tight-fitting and completely cover nose and mouth.
- Are encouraged to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet apart from others)
Patients who do not comply may have visitation access revoked. Please contact the hospital or your medical provider if you have any questions about the visitor policy.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health/Franciscan Medical Group Clinic visitor restrictions
- Most clinic locations are allowing one visitor per patient during a scheduled visit. Please contact your provider or the clinic with questions about their policy.
- All individuals must wear a clinic-provided mask the entire time while inside the building.
- Please contact the clinic before arriving for your appointment if you need of a COVID-19 test, or if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms and exposure guidance include:
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Close, in-person contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus within the past 14 days
- If symptoms are severe, call 911 or go directly to one of our Prompt or Urgent Care locations or Emergency Services departments.
At St. Anthony Hospital, you’ll find a healing environment for you, your family and visitors. Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
St. Anthony Hospital
11567 Canterwood Boulevard Northwest
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Patient Satisfaction, Advocates and Concerns; Ethical and Religious Directives, Living Will, Service Animals
Services for patients and families
> Patients and Visitors
Events and Classes
Walk of Art
Map and Directions
Billing and Insurance
Milgard Medical Pavilion
Sleep Disorders Center