A freestanding, dedicated rehabilitation hospital in Tacoma.
- Current restriction may include:
- One visitor per day per patient during visitor hours (5 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- One visitor at a time for end-of-life
- One support person for laboring mothers
- Parents of a special-care infant
- Care partner who needs to learn how to care for a patient
- Designated driver for surgery patients
- Children 12 and under are restricted from visiting
- All approved visitors:
- Must use designated entrances
- Will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Will be asked to complete hand hygiene upon entry
- Must wear a mask while inside the building
- Are encouraged to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet apart from others)
Clinic visitor restrictions:
- For everyone's protection, we are restricting visitors from accompanying patients to an appointment. Accommodations will be made for minors and special circumstances.
- We ask that you provide your own mask and wear it upon entering a Franciscan location. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Please, do NOT come to your appointment if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, or have had close, in-person contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID virus within the past 14 days. If symptoms are severe, call 911 or go directly to one of our COVID-19 Triage Centers, Urgent Cares or Emergency Services departments.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 60-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
At this time we have NOT had any cases of the Coronavirus (referred to as COVID-19) in our facility, but are choosing to take precautionary measures for the well-being of our patients and our employees. Our top priority is providing the safest environment possible for our patients, and visitors. As a result, we are implementing a temporary visitation restriction policy. The restriction will include the following:
- Front door to the facility will be secured
- Visitors may push the call button at front door to reach a staff member
- Visitors will not be granted access to hospital unless absolutely necessary
The following categories of people will not be permitted in the facility at this time
- Anyone experiencing fever and/or symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, runny nose, or difficulty breathing will need to refrain from visiting
- In addition, no visitors under the age of 14 are permitted at the bedside at this time
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients in their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the health, function and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.