Dedicated to creating healthier communities.
We’re here to serve as your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
To ensure that your stay with us is safe, pleasant and comfortable, we’ve compiled a list of our protocols and policies. Learn what to do in case of fire, about our commitment to patient privacy and other guidelines.
Obtaining medical records
CHI Franciscan Health maintains medical records for all of our patients, including inpatients, outpatients and emergency room patients.
- For adults, we maintain records for 10 years beyond the last contact.
- For minors, we maintain records for three years.
- Instructions for requesting a medical record
- Request a copy of your medical record
If you hear a fire alarm within the hospital, please remain calm and stay where you are until given specific directions. If any action is needed, our staff will advise you about where to go. We often conduct fire drills to test our fire safety equipment and to make sure the staff knows how to respond in a fire emergency.
CHI Franciscan Health protects the private health information of our patients. We follow federal privacy standards for health care information established by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
Our Facility Directory provides the following information about patients:
- Location within the hospital
- Health status described in brief terms (for example: satisfactory, serious, critical) without disclosing specific medical information
Opting out of the Patient Directory
You have the right to opt out of the Facility Directory. However, we do not offer the option to choose who can be informed about your presence in the hospital.
- If you choose not to be listed in the Facility Directory, our staff will tell callers and visitors who inquire about you: “We have no information available on a patient by that name.”
- If you choose to be listed in the Facility Directory, we will release information about you only to individuals who ask for you by your first and last name.
- You may change your decision to be included in or excluded from the Facility Directory.
Commitment to a smoke-free environment
For the health and safety of our patients, visitors and employees, the use of tobacco products is prohibited on the hospital’s property. Cigarettes and other tobacco products are known causes of cancer and other fatal diseases. If you’re interested in nicotine replacement therapy, please talk with your doctor. If you’re interested in quitting smoking:
- Join our Freedom From Tobacco Support Group: call 253-426-6746
- Call the Washington State Tobacco Quitline at 1-877-270-STOP, or 1-877-2NO-FUME (Spanish)
As a recipient of Federal financial assistance, CHI Franciscan Health (CHI FH) is dedicated to providing services to patients and welcoming visitors in a manner that respects, protects, and promotes patient rights. CHI FH does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical , mental or other disability, citizenship, medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by CHI FH directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which CHI FH arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
Contact any of our hospitals for location-specific information.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Accountable Care Organization
Billing and Finances
Classes and Events
Continuing Care Network
> Our Policies
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Patient Rights FAQ
Your Hospital Stay
CHI Franciscan Pharmacies
Gifts and Flowers
Maps and Directions