Video Visit Tip Sheet
The patient’s quick start guide to video visits
This quick tip sheet includes everything you need to know to get ready for a seamless and convenient video visit with your healthcare provider!
Before the day of your visit — set up your mobile device
The best way to complete your video visit is with a mobile device (smartphone or tablet) with the MyChart app. Before the day of your visit, do each of these…
1. Download the MyChart and Zoom apps on your device
2. Test your device at zoom.us/test and join a test video session
3. Tip: You can also use a desktop computer as long as you have a webcam, speaker and microphone
Before the day of your visit – sign up for MyChart
Your virtual video visit will be easier with a MyChart account. If you already have an account, skip these steps. When you scheduled your visit, we sent an email with a MyChart registration link. Open that link to register.
Didn't receive our email? Check your SPAM or Junk Mail folder to see if it’s there. Reach out to your clinic if you need assistance.
For MyChart app users on a mobile device - sign into the app for the first time
When you open the MyChart app for the first time, you need to connect it to your MyChart account.
1. At the top of the screen, enter the state that your clinic is in, then select CHI Franciscan Health
2. Enter your MyChart username and password
TIP: Tap “Remember” in the username field to speed up logging in next time
You can contact support at 1-844-528-8383. You will be asked to select your region (where your clinic is located), then select your language, and press 4 for Virtual Visit technical support.
Virtual video visits cost the same as office visits and are a convenient alternative for some patients. Copays specific to your plan are accepted during the eCheck-In process.
To ensure that you connect with your healthcare provider, you will need the following:
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer that has a camera, speaker, and microphone enabled
- Have insurance information ready for eCheck-In
- Using a mobile device?
- Download and install the MyChart & Zoom applications on your device
- On day of your appointment, make sure your device is fully charged
Yes, prescriptions can be provided per your provider’s clinical assessment.
If a patient connects more than 10 minutes late to their video visit, their appointment is cancelled, call the clinic office to reschedule with your provider.
On the day of your visit — complete your visit in seven steps
Here are the seven steps to complete your virtual video visit. Start getting connected at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time, so you are able to complete the eCheck-In process. Save your mobile data and connect to wifi during your visit!
1. Login into the MyChart app or log into the MyChart website
2. Find your visit
- MyChart App: Click on the Appointments icon and tap your visit.
- MyChart website: Click on Visits, then select Appointments and Visits, and click Details for your visit.
3. Complete eCheck-In.
4. Click on Begin visit
or the Begin Video Visit
5. The ZOOM app will launch automatically
6. Your healthcare provider will connect to the video session shortly
7. Tap Join Audio and Start Video
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
My Chart Frequently Asked Questions
> Video Visit Tip Sheet
Accountable Care Organization
Billing, Insurance and Finances
Continuing Care Network
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Pharmacies
Maps and Directions
Gifts and Flowers