Caring For Communities In The Pacific Northwest
A community-based residency serving, and training to serve, the primary care needs of Northwest Washington.
Family Medicine Residency
The Northwest Family Medicine Residency Team
We are an ACGME-accredited, community–based, 8/8/8 residency program affiliated with a full–service, 248–bed nonprofit regional medical center. Our Family Medicine faculty members have more than 75 years of cumulative experience training residents and include physicians fellowship–trained in Sports Medicine and High–risk Obstetrics. All are affiliated with the University of Washington’s Family Medicine Residency Network. Our new CHI Franciscan Family Medicine Clinic, a 27,000 square foot, state–of–the–art ambulatory care center in Bremerton, Washington, opened July 2020.
CHI Franciscan and local community–based physician specialty groups give tremendous support and educational opportunities for our program. We are dedicated to providing a superior training experience with unique opportunities: We offer an academically strong, full-spectrum training with obstetrics, with emphasis on resident teaching/training and medical student education:
- Community hospital environment with support from local care centers for Inpatient Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Many electives in the hospital and through our association with the University of Washington, and local hospitals
- Longitudinal continuity clinic
- Exposure and training in outpatient procedures: Colposcopy/LEEP, Obstetrical Ultrasound, Gynecological Procedures, Skin Procedures
- Numerous opportunities for research and scholarly inquiry
- Faculty with specific training in Sports Medicine and Advanced Obstetrics
- Global Heath and Integrative Health rotations available
- Our resident to faculty training ratio is 2:1
Located on the Kitsap Peninsula, we are surrounded by breathtaking water and mountain views, yet we are a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle. Housing is very affordable (with a median price half that of Seattle), our schools are excellent, and there is a plethora of parks and outdoor recreation opportunities.