St. Michael Medical Center - Bremerton Emergency Services
Closure of emergency department in Bremerton
- Out of an abundance of caution for patient safety and despite our best efforts to recruit and retain staff, the emergency department at St. Michael Medical Center's Bremerton campus will close temporarily beginning Friday, July 30 at 7 p.m.
- St. Michael Medical Center Bremerton is located at 2520 Cherry Avenue.
- There is a severe staffing shortage in health care throughout our region and our country.
- Patients in need of emergency care on the Kitsap Peninsula should:
- Go to the emergency department at St. Michael Medical Center in Silverdale, located at 1800 NW Myhre Road
- Go to the emergency department at St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor, located at 11567 Canterwood Boulevard
- Call 911.
- St. Michael staff will be stationed at the Bremerton emergency entrance 24/7 to direct patients to the Silverdale emergency room for care.
- In addition, to ensure the safety of patients, a dedicated critical care ambulance will be stationed at the emergency entrance 24/7 for anyone who shows up to the Bremerton location for emergency care. As needed, Olympic Ambulance will transport patients to the Silverdale emergency room for treatment. Patients are not charged for ambulance transportation from Bremerton to Silverdale, the hospital is responsible for this cost.
- The Bremerton emergency room will remain closed until staffing levels improve to a level that supports safe care for patients in need of emergency care. The situation will be closely monitored and updates will be provided as circumstances change.
When the unexpected happens, you want expert emergency care as quickly as possible for yourself and your loved ones. We offer you:
- 24-hour care, including dedicated care for heart attack and stroke
- On-site Cath Lab for heart attack and other emergencies
- Accredited hospital care by The Joint Commission
- Nationally recognized heart and vascular care at the Heart & Vascular Center at Harrison
- A Level III Trauma Center with physicians and registered nurses certified in emergency medicine and advanced cardiac life support
- Comfortable waiting areas for family and friends
- Private treatment rooms
Our experienced physicians and certified nurses have skill and expertise in providing high-quality care when you need it the most. Our certifications include:
- Accreditation for our hospital care from The Joint Commission
- Status as a top performer on key quality measures from The Joint Commission, including:
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Surgical care
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association:
- Mission Lifeline Receiving Center Bronze Level Recognition
- Get With the Guidelines Silver Performance Achievement Award – Care of AMI Patients
- Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award 2013
2520 Cherry Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98310