Dedicated to Creating Healthier Communities
We’re your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
Wound Care Center
Wound Care and What to Expect
Many people with chronic, non-healing wounds have suffered for months or even years with little improvement. At CHI Franciscan, our experienced physicians, nurses and other clinicians can provide relief and healing to improve your quality of life. Here’s what to expect when you come to our wound care clinics for treatment.
Your first visit for wound care
At your first appointment, our staff:
- Evaluates the condition of your wound and your general health
- Reviews your medical, wound and medication history
- May arrange a blood test or other special tests that tell us more about blood and oxygen flow in your wound area
Your wound healing program
Once your test results are in, we’ll put together a treatment program, based on your specific needs, that includes:
- Regular visits to our clinic so that we can treat you, evaluate your progress and make any needed changes
- Detailed instructions for you and your caregiver about:
- Home care
- Dressing (bandage) changes
- Protecting the wound from further injury
For the best possible healing, it’s important that you:
- Keep your appointments
- Follow our instructions carefully
- Watch your progress closely between visits
We encourage your questions and are available every day to help you.
How we work with your doctor
Our wound care staff works closely with your primary care physician or specialist who referred you. We discuss your treatment program and share updates on your progress. While we work with you, you'll keep seeing your physician for routine medical care.
Our treatment for non-healing wounds
We offer a variety of treatment options depending on the type and severity of your wound, including:
Contact us for expert wound care
We treat people with non-healing wounds to relieve their symptoms and heal their wounds. To learn more about our wound care and hyperbaric services at CHI Franciscan, please call:
253-426-6739 (wound care)
253-426-6630 (hyperbaric medicine)