Dedicated to Creating Healthier Communities
We’re your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
Wound Care Center
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
If you suffer from a non-healing wound, it can keep you from enjoying an active life. We care for people with wounds that have resisted healing for months or even years with traditional treatment. Using advanced wound care, hyperbaric medicine or both, our highly skilled physicians and nurses can provide relief and promote healing.
Expert care for non-healing wounds
At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, we offer advanced wound care in our centers throughout the Puget Sound area. Our dedicated physicians and nurses focus solely on treating chronic wounds, bringing their experience and training from several disciplines.
At our facilities, you’ll find the most up-to-date approaches and the latest scientific advances in wound care and healing. Read more about the services we offer:
How wound care can help you
Nonhealing wounds are sores or wounds that do not significantly improve within a month or heal entirely within two months. If you have such a wound, our wound care providers can help.
These conditions may serve as a basis for referral to wound care:
- Diabetic foot wounds
- Post-radiation tissue damage, a rare complication of radiation therapy for cancer, which kills bone and soft tissue
- Acute traumatic peripheral ischemia, such as a crush injury or open fracture that tears major arteries
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Surgical wounds
- Trauma-related wounds
- Thermal burns caused by contact with flames or heated objects
- Actinomycosis, a chronic bacterial infection that affects the face and neck
- Necrotizing fasciitis , a rare bacterial infection that spreads quickly and destroys soft tissues (also known as “flesh-eating” infection)
Wound care and hyperbaric medicine locations
Our wound care and hyperbaric services are available at a number of convenient locations.