Savor the Tiniest Moments
We provide a supportive environment for moms-to-be, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
CenteringPregnancy®: Prenatal Group Program
Sharing your pregnancy with other women who know exactly what you’re going through can be a great way to learn and feel confident about this wonderful journey. Our group-visit prenatal care program, CenteringPregnancy®, offers the three major elements of prenatal care: health checks, education and support. For more information or to sign up, call us at:
St. Clare Hospital, St. Joseph Medical Center or Pearl Place
The program at Franciscan Women’s Health at St. Joseph received accreditation by the international Centering Healthcare Institute in 2016. Watch for Franciscan Medical Group programs to launch in Enumclaw later this year.
Is CenteringPregnancy for me?
Whether you’re a first time mom, on your third pregnancy or just interested in meeting other expectant moms, CenteringPregnancy is for you. Here’s how it works:
- Eight to 12 pregnant women with similar due dates participate in a group discussion, starting around 12 to 16 weeks, led by a Virginia Mason Franciscan Health certified nurse-midwife (CNM) or obstetrician (OB).
- Other clinicians and educators share helpful resources to use during and after pregnancy.
- Your spouse and/or partner are welcome.
- Each group meets for 10 90-minute sessions throughout pregnancy and in the weeks after delivery.
- The sessions are typically covered by private health insurance and Medicaid, avoiding out-of-pocket costs.
The CenteringPregnancy group visits take the place of your regular one-on-one prenatal visits. You will receive the following health assessments, as appropriate:
- Blood pressure check
- Belly check
- Urine dip
Why should I join CenteringPregnancy?
- The program has proven to decrease pre-term delivery and postpartum depression rates.
- This program has a high satisfaction rate and women are generally more engaged, better informed and ask their providers more in-depth questions about their pregnancy.
- You bond with other moms/parents and benefit from the support of your group members.
We schedule all your appointments up front, and groups often meet in the evenings or on weekends. You can attend your CenteringPregnancy sessions at select Franciscan Women’s Health Associates clinics conveniently located throughout the Puget Sound area:
Download our free guide
Preparing for childbirth can be overwhelming. To help you get started, we’ve created a free downloadable guide that provides everything you need to know as you take your first steps toward motherhood with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health.
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Community Support Services
Pregnancy and Parenting eNewsletter
Accepted Insurance Plans
Women's Resource Center