Savor the Tiniest Moments
We provide a supportive environment for moms-to-be, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
For new mothers, the decision to breastfeed or bottle-feed is very personal, with many factors to consider. At CHI Franciscan, our lactation consultants are part of your health care team to help you decide what works best for you and your baby.
Experienced lactation consultants
Breastfeeding is a learned skill that doesn’t always come naturally. Your care team at CHI Franciscan can help you succeed. Our registered nurses and educators — most of whom are certified as International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants — provide experienced support with a compassionate touch.
Inpatient and outpatient breastfeeding support
Our lactation consultants can help you with breastfeeding while you and your baby are still in the hospital. We offer inpatient services at:
We offer outpatient breastfeeding consultations at:
- St. Joseph Medical Pavilion in Tacoma
- St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way
- Franciscan Medical Pavilion – Highline in Burien
- St. Elizabeth Hospital in Enumclaw
- Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale
- Franciscan Medical Clinic - Puyallup
To schedule an appointment, call 253-382-8580.
You can rent or purchase breast pumps and other supplies/accessories through our lactation consultants. We also offer breastfeeding classes through our Family Education program. To sign up, register online or call 1-888-825-3227.
Our Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is a federally funded program for low-income moms. CHI Franciscan’s WIC Program provides:
- A Breastfeeding Peer Counselor program that provides individual counseling for breastfeeding challenges
- A breast pump loan program, offering three different types of breast pumps to suit moms’ needs
- Breastfeeding Coordinators, who make follow-up calls to moms to ensure their needs are being met
- Referrals to our CHI Franciscan certified lactation consultants
In 2014, our CHI Franciscan WIC Program was recognized with a Gold Level Loving Support Award of Excellence to recognize the breastfeeding support we provide in our community. This award is an honor supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.
Contact us for breastfeeding support
For more information about our breastfeeding services and to make an appointment, call 253-382-8580.
Download our free guide
Preparing for childbirth can be overwhelming. To help you get started, we’ve created a free downloadable guide that provides everything you need to know as you take your first steps toward motherhood with CHI Franciscan.
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
> Breastfeeding Support
Community Support Services
Accepted Insurance Plans