We’re delivering the future
Two of Washington state’s leading health care organizations have opened a new birth center in downtown Seattle.
Virginia Mason Birth Center
At the Virginia Mason Birth Center in alliance with CHI Franciscan, we provide a birth experience created with you in mind. Our expert medical team has a unique, collaborative care philosophy where we design and deliver your birth plan together – patient and provider working as a team.
Our new 20,000 square-foot birth center is located at the Floyd & Delores Jones Pavilion (Level 16) at Virginia Mason in Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood. The new birth center combines CHI Franciscan’s leadership in patient-driven obstetrics care with Virginia Mason’s focus on quality and innovation, and offers panoramic views of the city, the mountains, and Puget Sound to boot.
At Virginia Mason Birth Center with CHI Franciscan, we provide:
- Private labor, delivery and recovery rooms with a peaceful, boutique feel and personalized attention from our expert medical team (complete with soaking tubs, shower, birthing ball, and bed/chair for partner in suite)
- Highly experienced OB/GYNs and certified nurse midwives who follow a collaborative care model, partnering with their patients to provide safe, high-quality care
- Level II Special Care Nursery to care for more fragile newborns
- Personalized birth plans that offer many options and respect mom’s preferences including water births, midwifery care, nitrous oxide, and other pain management methods
- Childbirth preparation classes online (infant safety/CPR, childbirth class, newborn care)
- Onsite clinic for convenient access to prenatal care and comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological services
- Lactation consultants onsite
- Parking for laboring moms
Have questions? Contact us at 206-287-6300.
Take a virtual tour
Midwifery Center at St. Joseph (Tacoma)
St. Elizabeth (Enumclaw)
St. Francis (Federal Way)
St. Joseph (Tacoma)
> Virginia Mason Birth Center (Seattle)
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Accepted Insurance Plans
Women's Resource Center