We’re delivering the future
Two of Washington state’s leading health care organizations have opened a new birth center in downtown Seattle.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Birth Center
At the Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Birth Center we provide a birth experience created with you in mind. Our expert medical team has a unique, collaborative care philosophy where we design and deliver your birth plan together — patient and provider working as a team.
Our new 20,000 square-foot birth center is located at the Floyd & Delores Jones Pavilion (Level 16) at Virginia Mason in Seattle’s First Hill neighborhood.
At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Birth Center we provide:
- Private labor, delivery and recovery rooms with a peaceful, boutique feel and personalized attention from our expert medical team (complete with soaking tubs, shower, birthing ball, and bed/chair for partner in suite)
- Highly experienced OB/GYNs and certified nurse midwives who follow a collaborative care model, partnering with their patients to provide safe, high-quality care
- Level II Special Care Nursery to care for more fragile newborns
- Personalized birth plans that offer many options and respect mom’s preferences including water births, midwifery care, nitrous oxide, and other pain management methods
- Childbirth preparation classes online (infant safety/CPR, childbirth class, newborn care)
- Onsite clinic for convenient access to prenatal care and comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological services
- Lactation consultants onsite
- Parking for laboring moms
Have questions? Contact us at 206-287-6300.
Take a virtual tour
St. Michael (Silverdale)
St. Anne (Burien)
Midwifery Center at St. Joseph (Tacoma)
St. Elizabeth (Enumclaw)
St. Francis (Federal Way)
St. Joseph (Tacoma)
> Virginia Mason Birth Center (Seattle)
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Accepted Insurance Plans
Women's Resource Center