Savor the Tiniest Moments
We provide a supportive environment for moms-to-be, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Family Birth Center at St. Francis Hospital
If you have a new baby on the way, it’s good to know that experienced maternity care providers are close by. At St. Francis Hospital, we provide exceptional care and personal attention to you and your family.
Superior maternity and childbirth services
Our board-certified obstetricians, certified nurse-midwives and labor and delivery nurses focus on your individual needs throughout your pregnancy, labor, delivery and after childbirth. We serve families in our local communities of Federal Way, Auburn, Fife, Kent, Milton, Puyallup and Northeast Tacoma.
The Family Birth Center at St. Francis offers:
- Obstetrical care and midwifery services
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (or VBAC)
- Level II special care nursery for 24-hour specialized care for ill or premature newborns
- CenteringPregnancy® prenatal prenatal group program
- Childbirth and family education classes
- Baby photos and WebNursery
- Breastfeeding support with our certified lactation consultants, including inpatient room visits and outpatient follow-up (by appointment only)
- Partnership with the Neonatology team at Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Pelvic physical therapy program for pregnancy and postpartum conditions
Spacious, private birthing suites
We designed our birthing suites for your comfort and privacy during all stages of birth — labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum. Our spacious, beautifully decorated suites provide a soothing setting that includes:
- Comfortable birthing beds
- Private bathroom with whirlpool tub to help ease labor pains
- Sleeper chairs for the new mother’s support person and space for visitors
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring technology and other technology for safe labor and delivery
- Quick access to operating rooms for C-section, if needed
Family Birth Center at St. Francis: Rochelle's Story
Take a virtual tour
Take a virtual tour through the Family Birth Center and hear from our dedicated staff and patients who have delivered at St. Francis.
Schedule an in-person tour
Get a firsthand look at our Family Birth Center at St. Francis during an in-person tour. You’ll meet our staff, get answers to your questions and learn about your birth experience. To register for a birth center tour, sign up online or call 1-888-825-3227.
Midwifery Center at St. Joseph (Tacoma)
St. Elizabeth (Enumclaw)
> St. Francis (Federal Way)
St. Joseph (Tacoma)
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Accepted Insurance Plans
CHI Franciscan Designated Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care
Learn More About Pregnancy and Childbirth
Family Birth Center Tours
Weekly Text Message Signup
Childbirth and Parenting Classes
Breastfeeding Support Services
Newborn Tests and Care
Does Your Insurance Cover Breast Pumps?
Watch Our Videos