Savor the Tiniest Moments
We provide a supportive environment for moms-to-be, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Family Birth Center at St. Anne Hospital
At St. Anne Hospital in Burien, we believe the birth experience is something for everyone to celebrate. Whether you’re a new mom or expecting baby number three, we’re dedicated to providing a positive birth experience for you and your family.
Expert childbirth services
Our experienced staff provides a personalized and caring environment for the whole family, while making the safety of you and your baby our top priority.
The Family Birth Center at St. Anne offers:
- Obstetrical care and midwifery services
- High-risk pregnancy care
- A Level II special care nursery with 24/seven coverage for premature babies
- Baby photos and WebNursery
- Breastfeeding support with our certified lactation consultants, including inpatient room visits and outpatient follow-up (by appointment only)
- Family education classes
- Large family rooms with kids' play area, TV and kitchen
- Pelvic physical therapy program for pregnancy and postpartum conditions
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (or VBAC)
Meet Michelle Woodward, one of our happy moms, and hear about her three childbirth experiences at St. Anne’s Family Birth Center.
Spacious birthing suites
We designed our beautifully decorated birthing suites for all stages of birth, from labor and delivery through recovery and postpartum. With our focus on patient-centered care, you and your baby have a comfortable, private setting to start your new life together.
Our suites provide:
- Comfortable birthing beds
- Dressing table with sink
- Private bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower
- Sleeping accommodations for you and your support person
- State-of-the-art fetal monitoring and other equipment for a safe labor and delivery
- Television and stereo system
Take a tour of our Family Birth Center
Get a firsthand look at the Family Birth Center at St. Anne during a tour. You’ll meet our staff, learn about your birth experience and get answers to your questions. To schedule your tour, sign up online or call 1-888-825-3227.
16251 Sylvester Road Southwest
Burien, WA 98166
Map and directions
Download our free guide
Preparing for childbirth can be overwhelming. To help you get started, we’ve created a free downloadable guide that provides everything you need to know as you take your first steps toward motherhood with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health.
St. Michael (Silverdale)
> St. Anne (Burien)
Midwifery Center at St. Joseph (Tacoma)
St. Elizabeth (Enumclaw)
St. Francis (Federal Way)
St. Joseph (Tacoma)
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Accepted Insurance Plans
Women's Resource Center