Savor the Tiniest Moments
We provide a supportive environment for moms-to-be, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Whether you are a new patient or you need to see your regular physician or provider for a medical issue, you can do so from the comfort of your home.
- When you call for any non-urgent appointment, ask if the clinic offers Zoom and if your appointment is appropriate for a virtual visit. You can download Zoom. Clinic staff will explain how to access Zoom from either your mobile device or desktop computer, and will give you the Zoom ID to use. You do not have to create a Zoom account to use this service.
- All aspects and quality of the visit are similar to an in-person visit, including cost and copays, if required. Most payers cover virtual visits.
- Rest assured we never record virtual visits, and they are encrypted to ensure patient privacy.
- To learn more about the process, watch our Virtual Visits video.
Whether you’re expecting your first baby or your fourth, you want the best possible care for your big day and beyond. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, we’re with you every step of the journey — from prenatal care through labor and delivery to pediatric care for your new baby.
To help you get started, we’ve created a free downloadable guide that provides everything you need to know as you take your first steps toward motherhood with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health.
Experienced maternity care
Here you’ll find compassionate, personalized care for you and your new little one, combined with leading-edge medical expertise. Our team of skilled providers includes the Puget Sound region’s best:
- Certified nurse-midwives (CNMs)
- Neonatologists: Physicians who specialize in caring for newborns, especially ill or premature newborns
- Perinatologists: Physicians who specialize in managing care for women with high-risk pregnancies and their babies throughout pregnancy
- Pediatricians: Physicians who specialize in newborn care
- Family medicine providers: Physicians who provide care for the entire family
Collaborative obstetric care
We focus on you, the delivering mom, with personalized choices to suit your needs before, during and after your baby’s birth. Through our collaborative approach, our OB/GYNs and CNMs work side-by-side to provide the best possible care for both mother and baby.
From your prenatal visits and consultations with specialists as needed, to educational opportunities and birthing options, our team provides comprehensive services for every stage of your pregnancy. When needed, we can help coordinate advanced neonatology care through our collaboration with Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Comprehensive maternity and childbirth services
At locations throughout the Puget Sound, our experienced maternity and pediatric professionals offer services including:
- Prenatal care
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Childbirth and parenting classes
- 24/7 OB hospitalists: Board-certified physicians specializing in obstetrics and available on-site for labor and delivery
- Personalized childbirth care, including water births and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
- Doula program: labor and delivery support (offered at St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital, and St. Elizabeth Hospital)
- Baby photography and WebNursery
- Breastfeeding support with our certified lactation consultants, including inpatient room visits and outpatient follow-up (by appointment only)
- Partnership with Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Choose a provider for pregnancy care and childbirth
Get started on your maternity journey at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health by choosing the provider who’s right for you.
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Accepted Insurance Plans
Women's Resource Center