Savor the Tiniest Moments
We provide a supportive environment for moms-to-be, so you can focus on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Whether you’re expecting your first baby or your fourth, you want the best possible care for your big day and beyond. At CHI Franciscan Health, we’re with you every step of the journey — from prenatal care through labor and delivery to pediatric care for your new baby.
To help you get started, we’ve created a free downloadable guide that provides everything you need to know as you take your first steps toward motherhood with CHI Franciscan.
Experienced maternity care
Here you’ll find compassionate, personalized care for you and your new little one, combined with leading-edge medical expertise. Our team of skilled providers includes the Puget Sound region’s best:
- Certified nurse-midwives (CNMs)
- Neonatologists: Physicians who specialize in caring for newborns, especially ill or premature newborns
- Perinatologists: Physicians who specialize in managing care for women with high-risk pregnancies and their babies throughout pregnancy
- Pediatricians: Physicians who specialize in newborn care
- Family medicine providers: Physicians who provide care for the entire family
Collaborative obstetric care
We focus on you, the delivering mom, with personalized choices to suit your needs before, during and after your baby’s birth. Through our collaborative approach, our OB/GYNs and CNMs work side-by-side to provide the best possible care for both mother and baby.
From your prenatal visits and consultations with specialists as needed, to educational opportunities and birthing options, our team provides comprehensive services for every stage of your pregnancy. When needed, we can help coordinate advanced neonatology care through our partnership with Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Comprehensive maternity and childbirth services
At locations throughout the Puget Sound, our experienced maternity and pediatric professionals offer services including:
- Prenatal care
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Childbirth and parenting classes
- 24/7 OB hospitalists: Board-certified physicians specializing in obstetrics and available on-site for labor and delivery
- Personalized childbirth care, including water births and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
- Doula program: labor and delivery support (only offered at St. Joseph Medical Center)
- Baby photography and WebNursery
- Breastfeeding support with our certified lactation consultants, including inpatient room visits and outpatient follow-up (by appointment only)
- Partnership with Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Choose a provider for pregnancy care and childbirth
Get started on your maternity journey at CHI Franciscan by choosing the provider who’s right for you.
Level III NICU
Choosing a Provider
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Delivering Your Baby
Classes and Resources
Accepted Insurance Plans
CHI Franciscan Health Designated Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care
Learn More About Pregnancy and Childbirth
Family Birth Center Tours
Weekly Text Message Signup
Childbirth and Parenting Classes
Breastfeeding Support Services
Newborn Tests and Care
Does Your Insurance Cover Breast Pumps?
Watch Our Videos