We Champion Women's Health and Wellness
Staying healthy should be as convenient as possible. We have women’s health locations all around Puget Sound.
If you're one of the many women who experience incontinence (inability to control your bladder), don't let embarrassment keep you from getting the help you need. These conditions can be successfully treated, often without surgery.
Self-assessment for urinary incontinence
If incontinence is frequent or affects your quality of life, you can get successful treatment. Here are some questions to consider about incontinence:
- During the past month, have you leaked urine while sneezing, laughing or exercising?
- Does urine leakage inhibit your activities or cause embarrassment to you?
- Have you noticed urgency or leakage as you rush to the bathroom?
- Are you unable to completely empty your bladder?
- Have you ever had gynecological, urinary or pelvic surgery?
- Do you frequently get urinary tract infections?
- Are you using the bathroom so often that it disrupts your day?
- Are you using pads or other protection to absorb urine that leaks?
- Do you worry about leaking urine when you sneeze, laugh, cough, lift something heavy or exercise?
- Do you notice pressure or bulging in your vagina, especially after standing for a long time?
- Has your urine stream become weak or turned into a spray?
- Do you ever experience leakage of stool or gas?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, talk with your health care provider about options for treating incontinence. We can help women with incontinence using treatments such as:
Watch a patient's story
Before you meet with your physician, keep track of your liquid and food consumption, urination and any accidents using this Voiding Diary. This information can help your physician evaluate and diagnose incontinence to determine the treatment that’s right for you.
Find a provider for incontinence care
For incontinence and other pelvic conditions, CHI Franciscan offers expert services from experienced providers. Find a physician, nurse practitioner or other clinician near you by using our online search to find a provider calling 1-888-825-3227 for referral help 24 hours a day.
Gynecology Specialty Services
Gynecologic and Pelvic Conditions
> Incontinence Self-Assessment
Self-Care and Nonsurgical Treatments
Pelvic physical therapy
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Midlife and Menopause
Accepted Insurance Plans