We champion women's health and wellness.
Staying healthy should be as convenient as possible. We have women’s health locations all around Puget Sound.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
If more conservative measures haven’t resolved your condition, surgery may be the best treatment option for you. Our skilled, experienced surgeons use the latest techniques for the best possible outcomes.
The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL™) designated us as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™ (COEMIG). That means we meet or exceed national requirements for surgery volume and patient education — and have a strong commitment to quality outcomes in gynecological care.
We’re one of only two programs in Washington state with this accreditation. Learn more about our COEMIG accreditation and top-rated surgeons.
Gynecological conditions we treat with surgery
Our experienced surgeons have years of experience treating a wide range of gynecologic conditions, including:
- Gynecological cancers, including cervical, ovarian or uterine
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Prolapsed organs, such as the uterus, bladder, rectum or intestine
- Uncontrolled uterine hemorrhage or infection
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
Depending on your individual condition and needs, we offer several minimally invasive techniques, including:
- Laparoscopy: Surgery aided by a small camera inserted into the abdomen to remove ovaries, ovarian masses or the uterus (hysterectomy) or treatment of endometriosis
- Hysteroscopy: Surgery in which a tiny camera and thin surgical instruments are inserted through the vagina and cervix into the uterus to remove polyps or fibroids, without incisions
- Robotic surgery: Laparoscopy in which your surgeon uses robotic technology to remove fibroids (myomectomy) or the uterus (hysterectomy)
These less invasive surgeries generally result in less pain and faster healing than traditional operations because they can be completed using small incisions.
Find a physician for gynecological or pelvic health care
CHI Franciscan offers expert care from experienced providers for many pelvic conditions. Find a physician, nurse practitioner or other clinician near you:
- Use our online search to find a doctor.
- Call 1-888-825-3227 for referral help 24 hours a day.
AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™, COEMIG™ and the COEMIG seal are trademarks of the AAGL. All rights reserved.