Reconnect With Your Healthiest Self
Our team will develop a plan for weight loss that gives you the treatment options, expertise and support you need.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
If you’re struggling with excess weight, you don’t need to read about how it makes your life harder. We know you’re living those struggles every day. We also know how weight loss surgery has changed our patients’ lives:
- In small ways, like being able to travel more comfortably or not feeling embarrassed by physical limitations
- In big ways, like being able to stop taking their diabetes medications or lower their risk of a heart attack
Conventional weight loss methods such as diets and exercise aren’t always effective for everyone. If you haven’t been able to control your weight with traditional methods, weight loss surgery can be a life-changing - and lifesaving - experience.
Bariatric surgery can improve health
Recent medical studies have shown that bariatric surgery can improve medical conditions related to overweight and obesity. A study reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that weight loss from bariatric surgery has been shown to:
- Improve or resolve type 2 diabetes in 86 percent of patients
- Resolve high blood pressure in 62 percent of patients
- Resolve sleep apnea in 86 percent of patients
Long-term health benefits of weight loss
The National Institutes of Health recognizes bariatric surgery as the only effective treatment for consistent, permanent weight loss in morbidly obese patients. The research results found that bariatric surgery is also effective in improving and resolving other health problems, such as:
- Certain cancers, such as breast, colon, ovary and prostate
- Cardiovascular conditions, including cardiac failure and atherosclerosis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
Attend a free seminar on weight loss
Find out how our experienced specialists can help you lose weight for better health. Sign up to attend a free seminar to learn more about your minimally invasive options and get answers to your questions.