Franciscan Center for Weight Management
Is Bariatric Surgery Right for You?
As you consider whether weight loss surgery is right for you, these questions can help you decide:
Your current health
- Are you 18 or older?
- Are you more than 100 pounds over your ideal body weight?
- Do you have a body mass index (BMI) more than 40? or do you have a BMI more than 35 and experience severe weight-related side effects such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes or sleep apnea?
- Have you tried other medical and nutritional weight loss programs without long-term success?
- Are you unable to sustain a healthy weight, even with medically supervised attempts at weight loss?
Find out now if you’re a candidate based on your current health.
Lifestyle changes and support
- Do you understand weight loss surgery and its possible risks?
- Will you refrain from tobacco, illicit drugs and alcohol?
- Will you maintain dietary requirements and medication regimes?
- Do you have a strong support system of family and friends to help you achieve long-term success?
If you can answer yes to most of these questions, you may be a good candidate for weight loss surgery. Learn more about the benefits of bariatric surgery to see how consistent, permanent weight loss can improve your health.
Attend a free seminar on weight loss
Take the next step toward your weight loss goals and a full, active life. Sign up to attend a free seminar on our minimally invasive options for weight loss surgery. One of our experienced weight loss team members will discuss your options and answer your questions.
> Is Surgery for You?
Bariatric Surgery Options
Paying for Surgery
Life after Surgery
Am I a Candidate?
Why CHI Franciscan?
Meet Your Team
Nutrition and Weight Management
Attend a Free Seminar
Resources and Ongoing Support