Reconnect With Your Healthiest Self
Our team will develop a plan for weight loss that gives you the treatment options, expertise and support you need.
Resources and Ongoing Support
Get started on your weight loss journey today. Use these resources to find out how you can lose the weight and regain your life.
Resources and support for weight loss
Learn more about bariatric surgery and the services we offer to help you meet your weight loss goals:
- Patient stories: Hear our satisfied patients tell their weight loss stories
- Benefits of bariatric surgery: How weight loss surgery improves your health and life
- Franciscan Center for Weight Management videos: Learn about our team, surgical procedures and philosophy of care
- Are you a candidate? Find out if you’re a candidate for bariatric surgery
- Nutrition counseling and supplements: Learn how to make lifelong habit changes
- Bariatric surgery options: Read about your surgical treatment options
- Health events and talks: Events on a wide variety of health topics
- health! magazine: CHI Franciscan Health’s health and wellness magazine designed to inspire health
Weight loss support groups in the Seattle-Tacoma area
Whether you are contemplating bariatric surgery or have already had surgery, we have a support group to meet your needs.
In our locations in Lakewood and Federal Way, you and your loved ones are welcome, no matter where you had your surgery. Participants share their personal experiences and answer one another’s questions in a safe, nonjudgmental atmosphere.
Emotional support for weight loss is critical to our patients’ long-term success. Join our support groups to hear guidance and up-to-date information from our health care professionals, including:
- Behavioral health specialists
- Physical therapists
- Registered dietitians
Weight loss support groups schedule
To attend one of our weight loss support groups, just arrive a few minutes before the scheduled start time. Call 1-888-825-3227 with any questions.
Websites about weight loss and bariatric surgery
These websites are not part of CHI Franciscan. We’ve provided them to help you learn more about overweight, obesity and weight loss surgery.
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on Overweight and Obesity
- Information about the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and ASMBS
- ObesityHelp, a peer support community website with resources for those who have morbid obesity
- Obesity Action Coalition, a nonprofit that provides education, advocacy and support to people who have morbid obesity
- Realize®, a company website for bariatric surgeries, including gastric band, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- What are overweight and obesity? from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Attend a free seminar on weight loss
Ready to take the first step? Sign up to attend a free seminar and learn how our team of bariatric surgery experts can help you reach your weight loss goals.