World-class Surgical Services
Our skilled surgeons and experienced staff use advanced technology and state-of-the-art procedures.
Preparing for Surgery
As your surgery approaches, we want you to feel informed and prepared. We’ve created a brochure, A Patient’s Guide to Surgery, to guide you through your time with us and maximize your comfort. The surgery teams at CHI Franciscan want to provide you with a positive surgical experience and get you moving on the road to your best recovery.
When we scheduled your surgery, your surgeon made an appointment for you with the preadmission clinic. This appointment takes place before your scheduled surgery. It may be an in-person appointment or a telephone appointment.
Your participation in the preadmission clinic appointment is important, as it:
- Allows us to complete paperwork and any tests necessary for your procedure
- Helps us to be more fully prepared to serve you on the day of your surgery
Preadmission clinic phone numbers
Gig Harbor Surgery Clinic
Harrison Medical Center
Highline Medical Center
St. Anthony Hospital
St. Clare Hospital
St. Elizabeth Hospital
St. Francis Hospital
St. Joseph Medical Center
At-home preparation for surgery
Your surgical team will give you preoperative instructions, including information about eating, drinking, bathing and taking medication prior to your surgery. Make sure to follow your team’s directions closely as well as the instructions in our booklet, A Patient’s Guide to Surgery. Before coming to the hospital:
- Make arrangements for transportation to and from the hospital
- Shower, then dress in loose, comfortable clothing
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home
- Notify your doctor if you have any health changes, such as a fever
What to bring to the hospital or surgery center
On the day of your surgery, please arrive two hours before your scheduled surgery time. Bring the following items with you to the Surgery Center on your surgery day:
- Insurance card(s)
- Co-payment (cash, check, and/or major credit cards)
- Driver’s license or picture identification
- List of all medications, vitamins and/or herbal supplements with dosages
- Any paperwork from your doctor’s office
- If you’ll be spending the night at the hospital after your surgery, please bring gown or pajamas, robe and slippers and personal toiletries.
- Do not bring jewelry (wedding ring, watch, etc.) and other personal items.
Preregistration at the hospital
Hospital preregistration staff may contact you prior to your surgery date to help simplify your registration process and answer any questions you may have.