Picture a Life Without Pain
Our region’s leading orthopedic team is committed to keeping our patients, strong, active and pain-free.
Foot and Ankle Treatment
Footand ankle pain is a common problem, and is often treatable. The CHI Franciscan podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons are board certified, and many are fellowship trained.
Our team will work with you to properly diagnose the cause of your problem, and employ the best treatment to keep you moving without pain. Our specialists will suggest orthotic devices, rehabilitation techniques or state-of-the-art surgical procedures, as needed.
What We Treat
Our specialists will work with you to diagnose and treat your foot and ankle injuries so you can increase mobility and enjoy a life without pain. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Hammer toe and mallet toe are two conditions that feature an abnormal bend in the toe caused by an imbalance in the muscles, tendons or ligaments that keep the toe straight. A hammer toe occurs in the middle joint of a toe and mallet toe occurs in the joint closest to the toe nail. This can be caused by wearing high heels or ill-fitting shoes; trauma, such as breaking a toe; or certain diseases and structural problems of the foot. Treatment can be as simple as changing footwear, wearing inserts, or in severe cases - surgery.
- Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain, caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia, a band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot, connecting your heel bone to your toes. Many times, this condition affects runners, people who are overweight or people who wear shoes that don’t offer support. Plantar fasciitis is a painful condition—it typically feels like a stabbing pain during the first steps after sitting for a period of time or when you wake up in the morning. Treatment includes medications, physical therapy, use of orthotics or surgery.
- Bunions are bony bumps formed at the joint of your big toe, or less commonly, the baby toe. Bunions are frequently caused by ill-fitting shoes, but they can be hereditary or due to a medical condition such as arthritis. Treatment can range from a change of shoes or insertion of padding, to medications or surgery.
- Fractures of the ankle, foot, heel or toes - are often painful and difficult to set. Our specialists will work with you to ensure your injury heals with the best possible outcome, personalized to your specific injury.
- Injuries to the Achilles tendon happen often in athletes, although sometimes damage may be due to underlying health concerns or other trauma. Our specialists will work with you to treat the damage through therapy, medicines, and if needed - surgery.
We can also help when it comes to arthritis and aging, and the potential instability that comes along with it.
Services We Offer
The staff at CHI Franciscan have a broad range of experience, allowing for the best care for your foot and ankle injuries. Among the treatments we offer:
- Orthopedic therapy
- Physical therapy
- Therapeutic joint injections, including ultrasound-guided injections
- Occupational therapy
Take the first step
Schedule an appointment with a CHI Franciscan specialist. Find a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon near you or attend a free health talk to meet a doctor on our team and have your questions answered. We’ll use the latest techniques to diagnose your condition and get you back on your feet.
Why Choose Us?
Specialties and Services
Back and Spine
> Foot and Ankle
Hand, Wrist and Elbow
Hip Replacement and Surgery
Knee Replacement and Surgery
Joint Replacement Program
Neck and Shoulder
Wellbe Patient Portal
Preparing for Surgery
Health Talks and Events
Accepted Insurance Plans