Keeping You Healthy, For Life
Our tools and resources are here to help keep you on track.
If you’d like to eat better to live better, CHI Franciscan offers complete nutrition care services and education. At our outpatient nutrition education centers in Tacoma and Bremerton, our certified registered dietitians work with people throughout the Puget Sound.
Our experienced registered dietitians translate nutrition and medicine into everyday practice. Skilled in education and motivation techniques, they teach you new behaviors to help you eat better.
You can receive one-on-one nutrition counseling for chronic conditions and a healthier life. We provide counseling for patients with:
- Cardiovascular (heart and vascular system): cardiac rehab, high cholesterol, and blood pressure
- Food allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders: irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease and celiac disease
- Kidney disease and liver disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Women’s care: preconception nutrition, prenatal nutrition, breastfeeding, gestational diabetes and nutrition in menopause
- Wound care
We also promote and support healthy lifestyles through specialized counseling on:
Body composition analysis
Understanding how your body uses food for fuel helps you make healthy food choices. With our personal body composition analysis, you can:
- Learn how many calories you burn a day
- Find out your current and optimal body fat percentage
- Figure out how many calories you need to maintain or lose weight
Outpatient Nutrition Education Centers
Get started on your journey to a healthier life through nutrition. You can make an appointment yourself or through your physician at the following locations:
St. Joseph Medical Center
Physicians Medical Center
1624 South I Street
Tacoma, WA 98405
Print our referral form to have your physician complete and fax to 253-426-6484.
Harrison HealthPartners Diabetes & Nutrition
2601 Cherry Avenue
Bremerton, WA 98310
Print our referral form to have your physician complete and fax to 360-744-6919.
Before making your appointment, consult your health insurance company about your plan’s coverage for outpatient nutrition education services.