Expert neurological care.
Advanced neurosciences and nationally recognized stroke centers.
Neurosurgery - Neurosciences
If you have a condition affecting the brain, spinal cord and nervous system and require surgery, you want an expert surgical team overseeing every aspect of your care. We’re here to guide you every step of the way.
Expert neurosurgery services
At CHI Franciscan Health, we’re a regional leader in the surgical treatment of neurological disorders. Our surgical expertise includes traditional, open procedures (craniotomies) and minimally invasive endovascular procedures. You and your surgeon will discuss the best approach for your individual condition and health needs.
Our board-certified neurosurgeons combine their deep specialty expertise with the latest technology for the best possible outcomes.
If you need surgery for a neurological condition, our skilled neurosurgeons can treat you at our medical centers:
- Highline Medical Center in Burien
- St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor
- St. Francis Medical Center in Federal Way
- St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma
Our board certified neurosurgeons:
- Treat non cancerous conditions of the head, brain, neck and spine such as:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Brain aneurysms
- Brain cysts
- Essential tremor
- Meningioma tumors
- Skull based tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Treat cancer of the head, brain, neck and spine:
- Primary and metastatic brain tumors
- Implant devices such as:
- Deep brain stimulators that treat movement disorders
- Intrathecal medication pumps used for medications and chemotherapies
- Vagal nerve stimulators that treat epilepsy
Read more about how expert neurosurgeons care for patients with brain cancer in oncology section.
Planning for neurosurgery
If you have been referred for neurosurgery, you likely have many questions about your diagnosis, your surgical options and what your recovery might be like. We will provide you with the support and information you need, including:
- Any preoperative tests or exams
- Admission process
- What to expect while in the hospital or surgery facility
- Rehabilitation and after care
- Insurance and billing
Inpatient acute rehab for neurosurgery recovery
We offer inpatient care and specialized rehabilitation services for people recovering from surgery for neurological disorders. You’ll have a private room in our 33-bed inpatient acute rehab center for a comfortable start to your recovery. Our certified and trained staff offers therapy services, group programs and individualized care. Learn more about our nationally accredited neurorehabilitation unit and services.
Find a neurosurgeon
To make an appointment, find a neurosurgeon online or call 888-825-3227 for a referral.
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Headaches and Migraines
Neuromuscular Disorders/Muscular Dystrophy
Sleep Disorders Center
Brain and Spine Cancer
Deep Brain Stimulation
Find a Specialist
Accepted Insurance Plans
Health Talks, Classes & Events
View Our Videos