Expert Neurological Care
Advanced neurosciences and nationally recognized stroke centers.
Cerebrovascular Disease - Neurosciences
If you or a loved one is at risk for stroke or other cerebrovascular disease, CHI Franciscan Health is here to help. Our skilled, experienced neurologists and their teams provide advanced care at locations throughout the Puget Sound area.
What is cerebrovascular disease?
Cerebrovascular disease is a group of conditions that affect blood flow to the brain. The most well-known cerebrovascular disease is stroke, and other types include:
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformation
- Brain aneurysm
- Carotid artery disease
- Cerebral cavernous malformations
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
Expertise in stroke and cerebrovascular disease care
Our neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurointerventional radiologists, registered nurses, neuroradiologists and other team members have years of advanced training and experience caring for people who’ve had a stroke or have other cerebrovascular disease.
At CHI Franciscan, we offer the latest, most advanced treatment options including:
- Gamma Knife, a noninvasive radiation technology to treat brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations and other neurological disorders
- Neurointerventional procedures, such as endovascular surgery, a minimally invasive technique to treat conditions affecting blood vessels. This is performed by neurointerventional radiologists with advanced training in minimally invasive surgical treatments of the head, brain, neck and spine.
- Neurosurgery procedures to address conditions affecting blood vessels in the brain and neck
- Vascular surgery procedures to treat conditions of the neck, such as carotid endarterectomy
Our dedicated stroke team delivers the highest level of stroke care available today. Our emergency room physicians and “code neuro” teams are activated immediately when a stroke patient needs rapid, life-saving treatment. Learn more about our approach to stroke care.
Find a neurologist
To make an appointment, find a neurologist online or call 888-825-3227.
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Headaches and Migraines
Neuromuscular Disorders/Muscular Dystrophy
> Cerebrovascular Disorders
Sleep Disorders Center
Find a Specialist
Accepted Insurance Plans
Health Talks, Classes and Events
View Our Videos