Expert neurological care.
Advanced neurosciences and nationally recognized stroke centers.
If you or a loved one is living with a neurological disorder, you want expert care and the latest treatment options. And that’s just what you’ll find here: Advanced care for conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord and nervous system.
Advanced care with compassion
Our goal is to help you manage your condition and live your best life. With years of experience and advanced training in every field within the neurosciences, our dedicated team includes:
- Neurointerventional radiologists
- Advanced practice clinicians (ARNP and PA-C) with specialty training
- Stroke coordinators, registered nurses, rehabilitative therapists and dietitians
Neurosciences expertise in the Puget Sound
We’re leaders in the neurosciences including stroke care in our area, with national certifications and board-certified specialists. Because we’re part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest health care providers in the country, you have access to research and innovations locally and around the U.S. through the CHI Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI).
Highlights of our care include:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease): We offer the only ALS clinic in our region, at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma.
- Brain cancer: We collaborate with oncology specialists in our cancer centers to coordinate care for you or your loved one.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS): This advanced treatment relieves symptoms in people with Parkinson’s disease, dystonia and essential tremor, offering new hope. In the South Sound, DBS is only available at St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Diagnostic imaging: Our convenient locations make it easy to get imaging for diagnosis or treatment planning.
- Epilepsy care: Neurosurgeons at St. Joseph Medical Center were the first in the state to use a newly approved vagal nerve stimulation (VNS) device called the Aspire™ to help prevent and treat seizures.
- Headaches: Our neurologists treat complex headaches, including all forms of migraines.
- Multiple sclerosis: Our neurologists provide a full spectrum of care from diagnosis through a variety of treatment options.
- Neurosurgery: We offer advanced neurosurgical procedures for the brain, neck and spine, including the introduction of minimally invasive spine surgery. We were the first health system in the region to use Gamma Knife to treat life-threatening brain disorders.
- Neurorehabilitation: We provide specialized therapy and inpatient critical care for people who’ve had a stroke, suffered a brain injury or have neuromuscular diseases.
- Sleep disorders centers: In our dedicated centers, we offer diagnostic testing and care for many sleep disturbances.
- Sports, Orthopedics and Spine Center: Our specialists meet our area’s growing need for total care for neck and back disorders.
- Stroke: With two of our medical centers designated as Primary Stroke Centers, all of our hospitals’ Emergency stroke teams follow best practices for patients suffering from stroke, including administering tPA, the clot-busting gold-standard treatment for stroke.
- Telemedicine: In addition to on-call neurologists 24/7, our neurology experts provide tele-medical services to offer advanced consultations in our outlying hospitals.
Find a specialist
To make an appointment, find a neurological specialist who’s right for you or call 888-825-3227.
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Headaches and Migraines
Neuromuscular Disorders/Muscular Dystrophy
Sleep Disorders Center
Find a Specialist
Accepted Insurance Plans
Health Talks, Classes & Events
View Our Videos