Expert Neurological Care
Advanced neuroscience and nationally recognized stroke centers.
- Whether you are a new patient or you need to see your regular physician or provider for a medical issue, you can do so from the comfort of your home.
- When you call for any non-urgent appointment, ask if the clinic offers Zoom and if your appointment is appropriate for a virtual visit. You can download Zoom here. Clinic staff will explain how to access Zoom from either your mobile device or desktop computer, and will give you the Zoom ID to use. You do not have to create a Zoom account to use this service.
- All aspects and quality of the visit are similar to an in-person visit, including cost and copays, if required. Most payers cover virtual visits.
- Rest assured we never record virtual visits, and they are encrypted to ensure patient privacy.
- To learn more about the process, watch our Virtual Visits video.
If you or a loved one is living with a neurological disorder, you want expert care and the latest treatment options. And that’s just what you’ll find here: Advanced care for conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord and nervous system.
Advanced care with compassion
Our goal is to help you manage your condition and live your best life. With years of experience and advanced training in every field within the neuroscience, our dedicated team includes:
- Neurointerventional radiologists
- Advanced practice clinicians (ARNP and PA-C) with specialty training
- Stroke coordinators, registered nurses, rehabilitative therapists and dietitians
Neuroscience expertise in the Puget Sound
We’re leaders in the neuroscience including stroke care in our area, with national certifications and board-certified specialists. Because we’re part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest health care providers in the country, you have access to research and innovations locally and around the United States through the CHI Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI).
Highlights of our care include:
We offer the only ALS clinic in our region, at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma.
We collaborate with oncology specialists in our cancer centers to coordinate care for you or your loved one.
This advanced treatment relieves symptoms in people with Parkinson’s disease, dystonia and essential tremor, offering new hope. In the South Sound, DBS is only available at St. Joseph Medical Center.
Our convenient locations make it easy to get imaging for diagnosis or treatment planning.
Neurosurgeons at St. Joseph Medical Center were the first in the state to use a newly approved vagal nerve stimulation (VNS) device called the Aspire™ to help prevent and treat seizures.
The Neuroscience team at CHI Franciscan provides diagnosis and treatment of Guillain-Barré Syndrome.
Our neurologists treat complex headaches, including all forms of migraines.
Our neurologists provide a full spectrum of care from diagnosis through a variety of treatment options.
We offer advanced neurosurgical procedures for the brain, neck and spine, including the introduction of minimally invasive spine surgery. We were the first health system in the region to use Gamma Knife to treat life-threatening brain disorders.
We provide specialized therapy and inpatient critical care for people who’ve had a stroke, suffered a brain injury or have neuromuscular diseases.
In our dedicated centers, we offer diagnostic testing and care for many sleep disturbances.
Sports, Orthopedics and Spine Center
Our specialists meet our area’s growing need for total care for neck and back disorders.
With three of our medical centers designated as Primary Stroke Centers, all of our hospitals’ Emergency stroke teams follow best practices for patients suffering from stroke, including administering tPA, the clot-busting gold-standard treatment for stroke.
In addition to on-call neurologists 24/seven, our neurology experts provide tele-medical services to offer advanced consultations in our outlying hospitals.
Find a specialist
To make an appointment find a neurological specialist who’s right for you or call 1-888-825-3227.
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Headaches and Migraines
Neurology Resource Center
Neuromuscular Disorders/Muscular Dystrophy
Sleep Disorders Center