A compassionate approach.
Committed to caring for the whole person.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a kidney disease, you want the best possible care that’s close to home. Our experienced kidney care (nephrology) professionals provide high-quality care at locations throughout the Puget Sound area.
Regional center for kidney dialysis, nutrition and education
St. Joseph Medical Center is home to one of the largest, most sophisticated nephrology programs on the West Coast. Our expert kidney care teams provide more than 70,000 treatments a year throughout CHI Franciscan Health, including:
- Our state-of-the-art dialysis centers in Gig Harbor, Puyallup and several in Tacoma
- Our home dialysis program
- Our acute inpatient dialysis services at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor, St. Clare Hospital in Lakewood, St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way, Highline Medical Center in Burien and Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton
Our kidney experts care for people with chronic kidney disease (CKD) at all stages. Services include:
- Outpatient services at several dialysis center locations
- Training and support for home dialysis, part of our kidney treatment and resources
- Individual nutrition counseling
- Free group kidney disease classes for patient and community education
- Kidney-friendly recipes
Find a kidney specialist
Our expert nephrologists are board certified and lead our experienced teams of specialty nurses, certified dialysis technicians, registered dietitians and other providers. Find a doctor at CHI Franciscan to manage your care.