A Compassionate Approach
Committed to caring for the whole person.
Ways to Help
Become a hospice volunteer
We need volunteers to enhance the compassionate care that we offer our hospice patients and their loved ones. We work together as a team of professionals and volunteers to provide support, including:
- Staying with patients to let their caregivers rest
- Providing transportation for doctor appointments or other errands
- Helping with child care
- Writing letters and reading to patients
Qualified volunteers must:
- Be available to volunteer up to four hours a week for one year
- Be able to listen with empathy and without judgment
- Have respect for all people regardless of creed, culture, gender or lifestyle
- Maintain confidentiality
- Complete the training and other volunteer requirements
Learn more about being a hospice volunteer by calling 253-534-7000.
For people with advanced illnesses, medical care cannot always cure them. With your support, our palliative and hospice services help them live each day with comfort and meaning.
Tell your story
If your family has received support through our hospice and palliative care, we want to hear about your experience. Email Sherry Schultz to share your story about how our care providers helped you and your loved ones.
Make a gift to hospice
Our end-of-life care and services support the needs of families throughout the Seattle-Tacoma area. Through your generous gift, we can continue to provide excellent hospice and palliative services to our community. Donate online now through our secure website, or call 253-428-8411.