A Compassionate Approach
Committed to caring for the whole person.
When you or a loved one needs specialized hospice care, it’s good to know that expert, compassionate care is close to home at CHI Franciscan. Our specially trained providers bring skills and experience from a variety of disciplines to support your family.
Expert hospice care providers
Working together, our team responds to your physiological, psychological, social and spiritual needs. The CHI Franciscan Hospice and Palliative Care team includes:
- Physicians and advanced nurse practitioners who partner with your or your loved one’s primary care physician
- Registered nurses who ensure that each patient receives the best possible care by coordinating among physicians, staff, pharmacists and family or other caregivers
- Nursing assistants who provide comfort focused on personal care, mobility and activities of daily living
- Medical staff who support each patient’s primary physician and oversee the expert clinical and palliative care
- Pharmacists who prepare medications for delivery right to patients’ homes, and support nurses and primary care physicians in selecting the best medications to keep patients comfortable
- Chaplains who support each patient’s and family’s unique spiritual identity and religious faith
- Comfort therapists who offer massage, music, art, aroma and hypnotherapy
- Grief counselors to provide support to families and professional caregivers
- Home makers who provide household services so that the family can focus on more meaningful activities with their loved one and clinical staff can focus on providing care
- Home medical equipment staff who deliver and set up equipment for hospice patients and their families
- Occupational, physical and speech-language therapists to help maintain quality of life
- Registered dietitians who develop individualized plans to meet nutritional needs
- Social workers to provide counseling and help you manage resources
- Volunteers to offer companionship through listening, diversion and activities that enhance quality of life
Contact us about hospice care
Find out more about how our team can help you and your family. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can help you make an informed decision.
- Call 1-800-338-8305 for more information.
- To start hospice and palliative care services, call 866-969-7028.