A Compassionate Approach
Committed to caring for the whole person.
Grief and Bereavement Support
If you’re grieving the loss of a loved one in the past 16 months, we’re here to help. At CHI Franciscan Health, we offer grief and bereavement services and resources to support you and your family during your time of need.
Specialized services for grief and bereavement
Our skilled professionals and volunteers have training and experience in helping people who are coping with the death of someone close to them. Our support services help you identify your needs and strengths in dealing with loss and adjustment after a death.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive guides on grief in English, Spanish or Korean
- Discussions on coping with grief during the holidays in our health talks
- Information and support for grief in support groups for grief and loss at locations throughout the Puget Sound area
- Nondenominational and religious support from chaplains who provide spiritual care at our hospitals and medical centers
Expert team for bereavement counseling
The grief and bereavement experts at CHI Franciscan include:
- Bereavement counselors
- Social workers
Providing support and education, our specialists stand by families to help them understand their grief journey. For up to 13 months, you can access this support, including companionship, classes, events and other services.
Web resources for loss and grief
Each person goes through a unique grieving process, which unveils itself over time, differently for everyone. Below are some external resources to help in times of need.
- Daily Strength
- Grief Centers for Families:
- Grief Share (Support for Christians)
- Hospice Foundation of America
- Loss of a Parent
- Parents grieving the death of Son or Daughter:
- Widowed Information and Consultation Services (King County)
- Widowed to Widowed Grief Support Groups
Contact us for grief and bereavement support
Learn more about our grief services, and get help from one of our bereavement counselors. Call 1-800-338-8305.