A Compassionate Approach
Committed to caring for the whole person.
We’re committed to your health and well-being, long after you leave our hospitals or outpatient centers. If you or a loved one are recovering from surgery or living with an illness, our Home Health professionals can help by bringing the care to you, and facilitating your independence and comfort.
Our Home Health team
Home health care is skilled nursing and therapy services that are provided in the home. Our experienced team works closely with your physicians and other health care providers to coordinate your care.
Depending on your specific care needs, your team may include:
- A case manager to coordinate your care plan among the team
- A registered nurse to:
- Provide medication and pain management, wound care and other nursing needs
- Provide education to improve your and your family’s understanding and ability to manage health needs over time
- A physical and/or occupational therapist to improve strength, endurance, mobility, safety and independence
- A speech-language pathologist to improve speech, swallowing and communication
- A medical social worker to make referrals for community resources, and provide counseling and support to you and your family
- A home health aide to assist with bathing and other personal care
Eligibility for Home Health services
You’re eligible for our services if you:
- Are confined to home for physical or medical reasons
- Require our services and have a referral from your health care provider
- Have adequate support at home between home health visits
Insurance and costs
Many health insurance companies cover home health care services. Medicare and Medicaid generally pay 100 percent of the costs. We can help you determine your health insurance coverage and any costs to you. You may qualify for financial assistance.
Hospice and palliative care
At CHI Franciscan Health, we offer care for people who are coping with a progressive, life-limiting illness, or are in the final phase of life when treatment focuses on comfort and quality of life instead of cure. Learn more about our compassionate, award-winning programs and services at CHI Franciscan Hospice and Palliative Care.
Learn more about Home Health services in your area:
- In Pierce County, call 253-534-7090
- In King County, call 206-439-9095