Advanced heart and vascular care.
Our top ranked heart surgeons exceed national standards.
Heart Failure Care
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with heart failure, you probably have many questions. Our goal is to provide you with answers to help you manage your symptoms and achieve your best health.
Heart failure doesn’t mean that your heart has “failed.” It means that your heart isn’t pumping as well as it should be. When this happens, your body doesn’t receive the oxygen and nutrients it needs. You may feel fatigued and short of breath, even after doing a simple activity. Use our heart failure symptoms self-check tool to see if you have any heart failure symptoms.
Our skilled heart team will work with you to manage your symptoms and help you lead an active, healthy life. Find a cardiologist.
We offer you:
- Accredited care: We earned the distinction of being the first Accredited System for Heart Failure in the Northwest. Learn more about this recognition and our other awards and distinctions.
- Patient-centered care: We practice holistic care, tending to all of your physical and emotional needs. In addition, our emphasis on evidence-based medicine means you and your family members can feel confident that you’re making the most informed decisions about your health. Our heart failure clinics in Tacoma and Bremerton provide comprehensive outpatient care for people living with heart failure.
- Robust resources: Our outpatient program stretches across the entire CHI Franciscan network—from Bremerton to Enumclaw—and includes resources to help you successfully manage heart failure. We offer structured cardiac rehabilitation programs, Living Successfully with Heart Failure classes and free support groups. Learn more about our ongoing support and additional resources.
Heart failure: Who’s at risk?
You may be at risk for heart failure if you have:
- Suffered a heart attack
- Severe heart valve disease
- High blood pressure
- Coronary artery disease
- Another condition that places stress on the heart or if you are obese
Get the care you need
Heart failure care is available throughout the CHI Franciscan Health network. Talk to your doctor about the support and care that’s right for you. Find a cardiologist in your community.
Find a Heart or Vascular Physician
Our Heart Services
Heart and Chest Surgery
Heart Rhythm Management
> Heart Failure Care
Preventing and Treating Heart Attack
Why Minimally Invasive Surgery?
Ongoing Heart Health Support
Awards and Distinctions
Accepted Insurance Plans