Experience World-Class Care Near Home
At Franciscan Cancer Center, we don’t just treat the disease, we take a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to caring for the whole person.
Resources and Support Services
Fighting cancer goes beyond the physical treatments. That’s why we offer a full range of integrated medicine and support services to focus on your body, mind and spirit.
Emotional, financial and educational support
In addition to our world-class cancer care, our resources and support programs provide you and your family with well-rounded support:
Cancer Resource Centers
Integrated medicine services
Integrated therapies, also called complementary or alternative treatments, enhance your medical treatments and help bring the body into balance.
Chaplains in our Spiritual Care department serve you or your loved one 24 hours a day, seven days a week, comforting and providing emotional and spiritual support to those who are coping with grief or loss. Our chaplains minister on a non-sectarian basis to those whose churches may be far away or who don’t have a church affiliation. They can also contact your spiritual leaders on your behalf.
Chaplains will visit you or your loved one upon request. You may also visit our chapels, sanctuaries of silence that are open to everyone for prayer and contemplation.
To learn more about our spiritual services and chapels, contact us:
Harrison Medical Center
Franciscan Highline Cancer Center
206-244-9970, ext. 5368
St. Elizabeth Hospital
St. Francis Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital
St. Clare Hospital
St. Joseph Medical Center
Navigating through information and support services can be challenging. Through our Cancer Resource Centers, experienced volunteers support patients and caregivers with encouragement, information and referrals for day-to-day help.
Cancer Resource Centers
We’ve partnered with the American Cancer Society (ACS) to offer free cancer resources to you and your family. Through our services, we seek to improve your quality of life during and after cancer treatment.
Our Cancer Resource Centers are located in:
Educational resource libraries:
Information services include:
- Accurate, up-to-date cancer information and education
- A computer with Internet access to find online information
- Direct access to the ACS and the National Cancer Institute's Information Service
- Educational printed material, including magazines, pamphlets and books
Practical support services for cancer patients
Our services for your day-to-day needs include:
- Basic needs:
- Community food banks
- Help with utility bills through Tacoma Public Utilities
- Salvation Army for clothing and household items
- Medicine and medical supplies:
- Financial assistance for health care and medication costs through HealthWell Foundation and Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Information about participating in clinical trials
- Personal needs:
- Free makeup and skin care class with a licensed cosmetologist
- Free mastectomy bras
- Free wigs, scarves, caps and other head coverings
- Help with transportation to and from medical appointments
- Practical and emotional support from local and national charities:
- Cancer Lifeline
- Free legal resources
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Support and comfort:
- A conference area where patients and families can consult with cancer navigators
- Free organizer for your cancer records
- Registration for hospital and community classes and events for cancer patients
- Support groups for patients and caregivers
For more information, please call one of the Cancer Resource Centers below.
Your Cancer Journey
First Steps After Diagnosis
Your Care Team
> Resources and Support Services
Life After Cancer
Accepted Insurance Plans
Why Choose Us for Cancer Care?
Research and Clinical Trials
Support Groups and Classes