Experience world-class care near home.
At Franciscan Cancer Center, we don’t just treat the disease, we take a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to caring for the whole person.
Research and Clinical Trials - CHI Franciscan Cancer Care
If you have a new diagnosis or recurrence of cancer, and want access to the newest cancer treatments, a clinical trial may be right for you.
Because we’re part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest health care providers in the country, you have access to research and innovations through the CHI Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI). Through this and other national and regional partnerships, including the National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP), we’re able to offer national clinical trials to our patients and bring the latest advances to the Puget Sound through leading research protocols.
Joining a clinical trial for cancer care
By joining a clinical trial, you gain access to leading-edge treatments that are not yet widely available. You can also join cancer prevention, cancer control and quality of life studies through our cancer centers. Your participation helps advance medical science, which will benefit future cancer patients.
If you have a new diagnosis or recurrence of cancer, a clinical trial may be right for you. These tips can help you find and join clinical trials:
- Ask your physician and all your cancer care providers (surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists) if there are any clinical trials for your cancer.
- Ask for your case to be reviewed at a cancer conference and for the physicians to discuss your eligibility for a cancer study.
- Search online to see if there is a clinical trial for your cancer. A reliable resource is clinicaltrials.gov. Share any findings with your care team.
- Ask your navigator to work with your care team to find out if you’re eligible for a clinical trial.
- Consider trials throughout your treatment. Clinical trials continue to research treatments for newly diagnosed patients, recurrent patients, survivorship and every phase of life after diagnosis.
- Research Center and clinical trials
Our highly trained cancer professionals offer many treatment options for cancer, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy and minimally invasive surgery. Learn more about all our cancer services at CHI Franciscan Cancer Care.