Experience World-Class Care Near Home
At Franciscan Cancer Center, we don’t just treat the disease, we take a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to caring for the whole person.
Integrative Health Services
Integrative health therapies, also known as complementary and alternative medicine, provide healing support that enhances conventional medicine. These therapies can reduce your pain and stress and help create a sense of calm.
Complementary and alternative medicine for cancer healing
At CHI Franciscan Cancer Care, we support wellness and recovery through integrative health and healing arts. Our services may include:
- Acupuncture and acupressure to help relieve pain, nausea, stress and other side effects
- Aromatherapy to help alleviate pain, nausea, stress and sleep difficulties during treatment
- Art therapy enables you to express emotions on your journey toward healing
- Massage therapy, performed by licensed massage therapists, to manage symptoms such as pain, postoperative discomfort, anxiety, depression, stress, fatigue and sleep problems
- Pet therapy can boost mood and ease stress levels
- Relaxation exercises, such as breathing exercises, mindfulness and guided imagery help manage pain perception and stress
- Resources to community programs
- Soft-touch hand rub to help you relax and emotionally unwind
- Support groups
- Therapeutic music and drumming offer soothing comfort. We offer reverie harps for patients to play to experience deep vibration and healing sounds. Certified drum circle facilitators provide therapeutic drumming to local support groups to reduce stress and improve health for a wide range of medical conditions.
- Yoga incorporates breathing techniques, gentle movement, mindfulness and meditation to optimize healing
You’ll find a place of solace and healing beyond the hospital room in our healing gardens. We offer music players and a wide selection of tranquil compact discs to soothe the soul. Our beautiful healing gardens are located in:
The Les & Betty Krueger Family Healing Garden at Harrison Medical Center
St. Elizabeth Hospital
St. Francis Hospital
Snuffin Healing Garden at St. Anthony Hospital
St. Clare Hospital healing garden
St. Joseph Medical Center
Make an appointment
Complementary and alternative medicine services provide supportive care that enhances your quality of life. For more information, please contact us.
Your Cancer Journey
Why Choose Us for Cancer Care?
Cancer Genetics Program
Chemotherapy (Infusion Clinics)
Other Outpatient Services
> Integrative Health Services
Rehabilitation (includes Lymphedema)
Prevention and Screenings
Center for Clinical Research
Research and Clinical Trials
Support Groups and Classes