Here for You, Every Step of the Way
Find support for your entire cancer journey.
When you need radiation therapy, it’s a relief to know that expert care is close to home. Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Cancer Care provides radiation therapy throughout the Puget Sound.
Radiation therapy is used in more than half of all cancer cases. Delivering precise radiation treatments that target cancer while sparing nearby healthy tissue requires the expertise and experience you’ll find at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Cancer Care. Our radiation oncologists have years of experience using state-of-the-art technologies to deliver radiation treatments. We also partner with some of the best radiation oncology experts in the Puget Sound.
Innovative approaches available include:
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) - uses 3D images to pinpoint your tumor’s location
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) - uses two state-of-the-art linear accelerators to deliver precise radiation doses to a tumor
- Brachytherapy - a radioactive implant treats cancer from inside the body
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) - uses 3D imaging to deliver precise, very high doses of radiation to treat tumors
- 3D conformal radiation therapy - uses shaped radiation beams that match the shape of the tumor
- Contrast-enhanced imaging techniques - uses a contrast agent to more easily detect tumors
- Radiopharmacy - uses radioactive drugs to treat cancer
We provide specialized and innovative approaches to Radiation Oncology at Tacoma Valley Radiation Oncology at St. Joseph Medical Pavilion in Tacoma, St. Francis Radiation Oncology Center in Federal Way, St. Michael Radiation Oncology in Silverdale and St. Anne Cancer Center in Burien.
Our partner in radiation oncology at St. Anne Cancer Center and St. Francis Radiation Oncology, Virginia Mason Medical Center, is a pioneer in the use of targeted radiation therapy. This treatment results in a shorter course of treatment and less damage to surrounding healthy tissue.
Cancers We Treat
Your Cancer Journey
First Steps After Diagnosis
Getting Second Opinion
Choosing a Cancer Care Program
> Radiation Therapy
Hospice and Palliative Care
Life After Cancer
Your Care Team
Research and Clinical Trials
Cancer Prevention and Screenings
Locations and Contact Information
Cancer Resource Center