Here for You, Every Step of the Way
Find support for your entire cancer journey.
Life After Cancer
Finding out that your cancer has gone into remission is a major victory. Still, after actively fighting cancer for so long, many people wonder what they should do next and how to be proactive about maintaining and improving their health.
Survivorship focuses on exactly these feelings: how to cope with the physical, emotional and spiritual challenges that surface after active treatment.
Cancer survivorship plans
After care treatment, you’ll work with your medical oncologist to create a cancer survivorship plan.
Your plan may include:
- Your original diagnosis and pathology
- A summary of your cancer care treatments
- Risks related to the treatment that you had, so you can take action to reduce your future risk of cancer and other diseases
- A schedule for follow-up care and monitoring
- Lifestyle recommendations, including guidance on exercise, diet and other lifestyle changes
Cancer survivorship conference
Since 2009, CHI Franciscan Cancer Care has led and sponsored the annual Pierce County Cancer Survivorship Conference. At this free event, cancer survivors can find comprehensive services through community providers and nonprofit organizations.
Topics covered at the conference include:
- Art therapy
- Exercise and nutrition
- Hormone-dependent cancers
- Mindfulness and other stress reduction techniques
- Side effects
View a complete list of past conference events and speaker presentations at pccancersurvivorship.org. You can also find links to other community and national resources for survivors, including webinars, presentations and information about supportive care providers.
Health classes and events
CHI Franciscan offers a variety of classes and events to help you maintain and improve your health — after cancer and beyond!
Cancers We Treat
Your Cancer Journey
First Steps After Diagnosis
Hospice and Palliative Care
> Life After Cancer
Your Care Team
Research and Clinical Trials
Cancer Prevention and Screenings
Locations and Contact Information