Find Peace from Prostate, Bladder and Kidney Cancers
Our cancer specialists offer treatments to provide relief.
Prostate, Bladder and Kidney Cancers
If you have cancer that affects the bladder, kidneys, prostate gland or other urological functions, we can help. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Cancer Care, you’ll receive care from cancer specialists, who have the experience and expertise in treating people with prostate and urological cancers.
For more information and to make an appointment, call 1-888-825-3227.
Prostate, bladder and kidney cancers screening and diagnosis
While there are no routine screening tests for bladder or kidney cancer (for those at average risk), Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Cancer Care does offer screenings for prostate cancer for men ages 50 years and older or earlier for those at high risk.
If a screening shows that you may have prostate cancer, our cancer surgeons can confirm prostate cancer through:
- A tissue biopsy to check for cancer cells
Prostate, bladder and kidney cancer treatment
Our urologic cancer surgery team is board-certified and fellowship-trained, bringing national experience from the top cancer centers in the county. Our cancer specialists are part of a multidisciplinary team approach to treating prostate and urological cancers. Experts from several specialties will work together to design a personalized treatment plan specifically for your individual case, which may include one or more of the following:
- Active surveillance, or watchful waiting
- Cancer surgery - uses minimally invasive techniques such as robotic-assisted surgery
- Chemotherapy - drugs that work to remove, kill or damage cancer cells
- Hormone therapy - for prostate cancer that has spread
- Immunotherapy - activates the body’s own immune system to fight the cancer (for advanced prostate cancer)
- Radiation therapy - uses ionizing radiation to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors and includes stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Targeted therapies - uses antibodies that target specific molecules within cancer cells
Ask your provider about clinical trials.
Prostate, bladder and kidney cancers approach
Learn more about how our urologic oncology team works together to treat your cancer.
Meet our specialists
Your first visit will be with a board-certified surgeon or a medical or radiation oncologist, who will discuss the next steps with you. You may need a referral from your primary care provider.
You can receive treatment for prostate and urological cancers at our treatment centers conveniently located throughout the Puget Sound area.
Learn more about prostate, bladder and kidney cancers
Cancers We Treat
Cervical, Ovarian and Uterine Cancers
Colon and Rectal Cancers
Head and Neck Cancers
Leukemia and Lymphoma
Liver and Pancreas Cancers
> Prostate, Bladder and Kidney Cancers
Your Cancer Journey
Your Care Team
Research and Clinical Trials
Cancer Prevention and Screenings
Locations and Contact Information
Cancer Resource Center