Rethink Brain Cancer Care
Personalized treatment plans from experienced specialists.
If you have a neurological cancer (brain cancer or spinal cord cancer), we offer some of the most innovative diagnostics and treatments in the Pacific Northwest. Here you’ll receive care from cancer experts, who have years of experience in fighting — and beating — brain cancer.
Our specialists are fellowship trained and experienced in brain, pituitary and spinal cord tumors, bringing a breadth of experience from several of the top cancer centers in the country including Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital and Cleveland Clinic, among others.
For more information and to make an appointment, call 1-888-825-3227.
Brain cancer diagnosis
No screening tests exist that detect cancer in the brain or spinal cord. If your doctor suspects cancer in your brain or spinal cord, you’ll need a complete physical exam and review of your medical history.
Our cancer specialists diagnose brain and spinal cord cancer through one or more tests, including:
- Diagnostic imaging, including CT and MRI scans and X-rays
- Spinal tap (lumbar puncture) - assess cerebrospinal fluid, which surrounds the brain and spinal cord
- Tumor biopsy - determine the type of tumor
Brain cancer treatment
Our cancer specialists take a multidisciplinary team approach to treating brain cancer. Experts from several specialties will work together to design a personalized treatment plan specifically for your individual case, which may include one or more of the following:
- Chemotherapy - drugs that work to remove, kill or damage cancer cells
- Medications - may include anti-seizure drugs, corticosteroids and hormone therapy
- Cancer surgery - uses minimally invasive techniques such as robotic-assisted surgery
- Radiation therapy - uses ionizing radiation to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors
- Gamma Knife treatment - a type of targeted radiation treatment that’s performed without surgery
- Targeted therapies - use antibodies that target specific molecules within cancer cells
Meet our specialists
Your first visit is with a board-certified medical oncologist, who will discuss the next steps with you. You may need a referral from your primary care physician.
You can receive treatment for brain and spinal cord cancer at centers conveniently located in the Puget Sound area.
Cancers We Treat
> Brain Cancer
Cervical, Ovarian and Uterine Cancers
Colon and Rectal Cancers
Head and Neck Cancers
Leukemia and Lymphoma
Liver and Pancreas Cancers
Prostate, Bladder and Kidney Cancers
Your Cancer Journey
Your Care Team
Research and Clinical Trials
Cancer Prevention and Screenings
Locations and Contact Information