Dedicated to Creating Healthier Communities
We’re your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
Anticoagulation Therapy and What to Expect
Your doctor will refer you to our clinic if you need anticoagulation therapy. Our anticoagulation therapy pharmacists hold Doctorate of Pharmacy degrees and have specialized training in anticoagulation, chronic disease-state management and immunizations. They are experts in screening for potentially dangerous drug interactions, monitoring medications and adjusting dosing.
At your first visit you can expect:
– A finger-stick check of your international normalized ratio (INR). The results will help us develop a plan for your medication dosing between visits.
– A 30-minute education session, which includes:
- Time to work with the pharmacist to create a current medication list
- Information about food and medicine interactions and incorporating Coumadin (warfarin) into your life
- Dosing adjustment by your pharmacist, who will communicate all plans to your provider