Here’s to a Healthier Winter
We want to make sure you stay healthy as the colder months approach. One way we do that is by offering flu shots at most of our primary care, women’s care and urgent care locations (most urgent care locations can only provide flu shots for patients 19 years of age or older) . Whether you schedule an appointment or walk in when you have time—getting vaccinated at one of our clinics can reduce the chance of fever, sore throat, muscle aches and other flu symptoms. And if you do contract the flu, having a flu shot may help reduce the severity of the disease.
Want to know more about the ins and outs of the flu shot? We’ve got you covered.
Who should get a flu shot?
- Anyone at least six months old and older
- People with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease
- Pregnant women
- People age 65 years and older
- Health care workers
- People who care for children under six months old
- Caregivers of those at high risk of serious flu illness
Who should not get a flu shot
- People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs
- People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination
- Children younger than six months of age
- People who have a moderate-to-severe illness with a fever should wait until they recover to get vaccinated
- People with a history of Guillain–Barré Syndrome that occurred after receiving influenza vaccine should have their doctor help to decide whether the vaccine is recommended for them or not
How to get a flu shot?
Flu shots are available at most CHI Franciscan Health primary care, women’s care and urgent care clinic locations. Get your shot today and help protect yourself during the flu season.
If you get the flu and other resources
Schedule an appointment
- Schedule an appointment to get your flu shot with your primary care or women’s care provider.
- Or walk in to one of our urgent care locations in Bainbridge Island, Belfair, Bonney Lake, Burien, Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Puyallup, Tacoma or West Seattle. PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of Bonney Lake (offering flu shots to patients six months and older), all other urgent care clinic locations can only offer flu shots for patients who are 19 years of age or older.