Stay in Peak Health, Get a Flu Shot
Protect yourself and your family this cold and flu season by making sure you get your flu shot.
Franciscan Flu Resource Center
Protect yourself and your family this cold and flu season by making sure you get your flu shot. We make it easy by offering flu shots at most of our primary care, women’s care and urgent care locations (most urgent care locations can only provide flu shots for patients 19 years of age or older). Whether you walk in or schedule an appointment, getting vaccinated can reduce the chance of fever, sore throat, muscle aches and other flu symptoms. And if you do contract the flu, your shot may help reduce the severity of the illness.
Want to know more about the ins and outs of the flu shot? We’ve got you covered.
- People with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease
- Pregnant women
- People age 65 years and older
- Health care workers
- People who care for children under six months old
- Caregivers of those at high risk of serious flu illness
- People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs
- People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination
- Children younger than six months of age
- People who have a moderate-to-severe illness with a fever should wait until they recover to get vaccinated
- People with a history of Guillain–Barré Syndrome that occurred after receiving influenza vaccine should have their doctor help to decide whether the vaccine is recommended for them or not
- "Take 3” Steps to Fight the Flu
- Flu Guide for Parents
- Flu Guide for Pregnancy
- If you’re ill and need medical attention, CHI Franciscan Health has primary care, women’s care and urgent care clinic locations throughout the Puget Sound. And if it’s after hours, Franciscan Virtual Urgent Care is just a call or click away.
- Visit cdc.gov/flu for more information on influenza.
Schedule an appointment
With the exception of Bonney Lake and Gravelly Lake (offering flu shots to patients six months and older), all other urgent care clinic locations can only offer flu shots for patients who are 19 years of age or older.