A mission to heal, a promise to care.
We’re here to serve as your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
The seeds for CHI Franciscan Health were planted in 1891, when the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia established St. Joseph Hospital, now known as St. Joseph Medical Center, in Tacoma. Over the years, our health care ministry has grown with the enduring goal of fulfilling the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the people we serve.
Our locations: Close to home
Through our health care system, we offer expert care from highly skilled providers at locations throughout the Seattle and Tacoma areas. Our facilities include:
- Our full-service hospitals:
- Franciscan Medical Group, a regional network of primary-care and specialty-care clinics, physicians and other professional providers
- In-home and inpatient hospice and palliative services
- Same-day surgery centers
- Dialysis centers
- Occupational health and rehabilitation clinics
- Centers for advanced medicine in women’s care and heart and vascular services
Our ethical and religious directives
CHI Franciscan is guided by the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
Our anti-discriminatory practice
We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age in admission to, treatment or participation in our programs, services and activities.
Equal opportunity employer
CHI Franciscan is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of relations with our employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
CHI Franciscan is a:
- Member of the Washington State Hospital Association
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
- Health care system affiliated with Catholic Health Initiatives
Find a doctor
When you or a loved one needs care for a variety of diseases or injuries, let CHI Franciscan Health be your trusted partner. Find a doctor near you in one of our hospitals or clinics.
Ways to Give
Community Health Needs Assessment
Rainier Health Network
Resources for Journalists
Students and Faculty Orientation