A Mission to Heal, a Promise to Care
Here to serve as your partner in health, offering a wide variety of services that care for the mind, body and spirit.
The seeds for Virginia Mason Franciscan Health were planted in 1891, when the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia established St. Joseph Hospital, now known as St. Joseph Medical Center, in Tacoma. Over the years, our health care ministry has grown with the enduring goal of fulfilling the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the people we serve.
Our locations: Close to home
Through our health care system, we offer expert care from highly skilled providers at locations throughout the Seattle and Tacoma areas. Our facilities include:
- Our hospitals:
- St. Anne Hospital in Burien
- St. Elizabeth Hospital in Enumclaw
- St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way
- St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor
- St. Clare Hospital in Lakewood
- St. Michael Medical Center in Silverdale
- St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma
- CHI Franciscan Rehabilitation Hospital in Tacoma
- Wellfound Behavioral Health Hospital in Tacoma
- Franciscan Medical Group, a regional network of primary-care and specialty-care clinics, physicians and other professional providers
- In-home and inpatient hospice and palliative services
- Same-day surgery centers
- Dialysis centers
- Occupational health and rehabilitation clinics
- Centers for advanced medicine in women’s care and heart and vascular services
Our anti-discriminatory practice
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical, mental or other disability, citizenship, medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Virginia Mason Franciscan Health directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Virginia Mason Franciscan Health arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
Equal opportunity employer
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of relations with our employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is a:
Our ethical and religious directives
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health is guided by the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
Find a provider
When you or a loved one needs care for a variety of diseases or injuries, let Virginia Mason Franciscan Health be your trusted partner.
Ways to Give
Students and Faculty Orientation
Community Health Needs Assessment
Rainier Health Network
Resources for Journalists
CHI Franciscan Logo