Gynecological and Pelvic Conditions
The experienced gynecology professionals at CHI Franciscan Health treat gynecological and pelvic floor disorders to improve your quality of life.
Expert care for women’s pelvic health
We hold national recognition as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™ (COEMIG™) by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL™).
CHI Franciscan has the Puget Sound’s best specialists for pelvic care, including:
- Gynecologists, obstetrician/gynecologists (OB/GYNs)
- Urogynecologists: Specialists in women’s urinary conditions and pelvic floor disorders, including physicians who are board-certified and fellowship trained in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- COEMIG™ accredited surgeons
Common gynecological and pelvic disorders
These disorders affect the internal structures in a woman’s pelvis, including:
- Muscles, ligaments and supportive structures
- Organs such as the vagina, bladder, uterus and rectum
Our skilled providers treat women with:
Symptoms of gynecological and pelvic disorders
You may have symptoms such as vaginal discomfort, heavy bleeding, organ prolapse or pain during intercourse. Our self-assessment helps you evaluate incontinence symptoms, providing information that you can take to your health care provider.
Diagnosing and treating pelvic conditions
Your physician may ask you to keep a Voiding Diary to record your food and liquid intake, urination and other symptoms over several days. Other tests we use include:
- Bladder stress test
- Blood tests
- Cystoscopy: Examination of the inside of the bladder and urethra using an endoscope (thin, flexible tube with a tiny camera on the end)
- Transvaginal ultrasound: Scan of a woman’s reproductive organs
Our treatments for pelvic floor conditions include:
View our videos of our gynecological health care providers discussing care for pelvic conditions.
Find a provider for pelvic and gynecological health
Find a doctor near you or call 1-888-825-3227 for referral help 24 hours a day.