Diabetes Education Program
Managing diabetes isn’t always easy: that’s why we’re here to help. Our comprehensive education program — led by certified diabetes educators — can empower you to better understand your disease and become an expert in your own care.
Learn how to better manage your diabetes
We offer one-on-one consultations and group programs for people with all types of diabetes, Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. You’ll learn how to:
- Manage your blood sugar, from monitoring to healthy nutrition and lifestyle changes
- Incorporate regular physical activity into your life
- Maintain a healthy diet
We encourage your loved ones to participate in our diabetes education program along with you, to become part of your support network.
All of our diabetes programs meet the national standards for diabetes education and are recognized by either the American Diabetes Association (ADA) or the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). This is your assurance that our educational services meet the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education.
Our experienced diabetes educators provide services at locations throughout the Puget Sound, including:
- For Franciscan Diabetes Education locations in Auburn, Bonney Lake, Burien, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Gig Harbor, Lakewood, Milton, Port Orchard, Puyallup, Spanaway, Tacoma and University Place, call 253-426-4352.
- For Harrison Diabetes and Nutrition Center in Bremerton, Silverdale and Poulsbo, call 360-744-6910.
- For Highline Diabetes Education in Burien and South Seattle, call 206-431-5370.
Get a referral
First, ask your primary health care provider to refer you to one of our diabetes educators. Then, make an appointment at any of our convenient locations listed above.
Most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, provide coverage for diabetes education when referred by your doctor.