Leading technology and other features at St. Elizabeth Hospital include:
- High-definition surgical suites for inpatient and outpatient procedures
- Electronic health records
- Emergency department designated as a Level 5 trauma center
- Sophisticated diagnostic imaging capabilities such as the 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner and 1.5 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) unit
- Digital technology for X-rays, ultrasounds and mammograms
- Nuclear medicine
- Private rooms for hospitalized patients with inspiring views of the Cascade foothills and the Plateau skyline
- Critical care unit for the most seriously ill and injured patients that are equipped with “talking beds” to help nurses communicate with patients for whom English is a second language
- Private labor-delivery rooms and mother-baby suites in the family birth center
- Endoscopy suite with two gastrointestinal (GI) procedure rooms
- A chapel that is open to everyone for prayer and contemplation
- Comfortable waiting areas with free wireless Internet service
St. Elizabeth is a critical-access hospital in the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services program for acute-care facilities located in rural areas. The new hospital is licensed for 38 beds but uses only 25 as a critical-access facility.
Located at 1455 Battersby Ave. in the heart of Enumclaw, St. Elizabeth replaces Enumclaw Regional Hospital. The old hospital, which opened in 1949, will be taken down to make room for additional parking at the new facility.
Franciscan is part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national non-profit health organization with headquarters in Denver, Colo. The faith-based system operates in 19 states and includes 73 hospitals; 40 long-term care, assisted- and residential-living facilities; two community health-services organizations; and home health agencies. In fiscal year 2010, CHI provided nearly $590 million in charity care and community benefit, including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research.
The St. Elizabeth Emergency Department is a Level 5 trauma center, which is vital to meeting the needs of a rural community.
The St. Elizabeth Family Birth Center provides a comfortable, nurturing experience for new parents. Each room is private and includes accomodations for husbands or care partners.